Food trucks are a festive addition to Open Streets events, and
we encourage Minneapolis-based trucks to attend an event near you!
Food trucks that wish to participate in Open Streets must adhere to the following:
- Minneapolis-based trucks only. Open Streets Minneapolis celebrates our local businesses and community, and for 2016 we are limiting participation to trucks based in Minneapolis.
- Like all participating businesses, we ask that food trucks become sponsors of the event.
- For a food truck that's from outside the neighborhood, the fee is $400.
- For food trucks based in the neighborhood the fee is $200
- For a truck with a physical location (storefront or otherwise) on the route itself, the fee is $100.
- We encourage you to think healthy with your menu, and consider offering healthy options for people to enjoy on the street.
- All food trucks must be added onto our event permit, and must complete the City of Minneapolis food permit. Food trucks that come to the event and are not on our permit will be asked to leave. Here's more info on permit requirements.
- Food trucks must be stationed where requested by Open Streets event organizers. If you have a physical location on the route, please indicate your preference to be at that location, otherwise we will place you where your truck will best fit within the event. Trucks can not move from their assigned locations during the event.
Please apply for a spot on the street by completing this application and we will be in touch soon!